Ever wondered how to loose those additional weight gained in the course of putting to bed a beautiful child? In this article we will discuss How to Loose Weight Before and After Pregnancy.
You should gain weight gradually during your pregnancy, with most of the weight gained in the last 3 months. Many doctors suggest women gain weight at the following rate:
If you gain too much weight during pregnancy, it can be hard to lose the weight after your baby is born. Most women who gain the suggested amount of weight lose it with the birth of the baby and in the months that follow.
Breastfeeding for more than 3 months can also help you lose weight gained during pregnancy. If you gain too little weight during pregnancy, you may have a higher risk for a premature delivery and a low birth weight infant.
Follow your Daily Food Plan for Moms to choose the right amounts from each food group. In addition, visit your health care provider regularly so they can check on your weight gain. If you are gaining weight too slowly or too fast, change the amount you are eating:
- If you are gaining weight too fast, cut back on the calories you are currently eating.
- The best way to eat fewer calories is by decreasing the amount of “extras” you are eating.
- “Extras” are added sugars and solid fats in foods like soft drinks, desserts, fried foods, cheese, whole milk, and fatty meats. Look for choices that are low-fat, fat-free, unsweetened, or with no-added-sugars.
- Alcohol is also considered an “extra,” but you should not drink at all while pregnant.
- If you are not gaining weight, or gaining too slowly, you need to eat more calories. You can do this by eating a little more from each food group.
Get timely answers to your health, fitness and nutrition facts. You can as well Write to us: firstname.lastname@example.org